The Daily Publications Society (DPS) is seeking volunteers to sit on its Board of Directors.
In order to become a candidate, you are invited to answer all the questions in this form and provide a pensketch of up to 250 words. Directors will be nominated by the current Board of Directors and elected at the Society’s Special Meeting of Members. Candidates are strongly encouraged to be present at the Special Meeting of Members.
Interested candidates can fill the form below, or download a PDF copy and bring it to the DPS Business Office (680 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 724) during business hours, or email a scanned or electronic version to email@example.com.
The DPS is also looking for a Community Representative (see description below).
Community Representative job description
- Sit on the DPS Board of Directors as an ex-officio voting member;
- Attend monthly Board meetings throughout the academic year;
- Serve as an actively communicating liaison between the Board and alumni, relevant Montreal community organizations, relevant journalism organizations and the readership at large;
- Organize the annual DPS Journalism School event series in collaboration with student editors on The Daily and Le Délit;
- Contacting alumni, journalists, or other professionals working in relevant fields (e.g. media, arts, communications) to organize events throughout the academic year;
- Managing the budget of J-School, including researching potential sponsorships or funding possibilities;
- Writing an exit report for future Community Representatives;
A $300 stipend will be issued to the incumbent for their work during the academic year.
If you have any questions concerning this process or any other aspect of DPS governance, please contact the chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The call for applications is now closed. Thank you to everyone who expressed their interest in the Daily Publications Society!